As Brazilian as Ipanema Beach, and Brazil’s equivalent to a Mojito, Caipirinhas (kai-per-heen-ya) will have you dreaming of the tropics.
- Slice fresh limes thinly and squeeze approximately half a lime into a tumbler, tossing the squeezed limes into the glass and quickly muddling
- Top the lime with 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Fill the glass with ice and top up with Cachaça (approximately 2 shots/50mL)
- To keep things lighter top up with club soda
- If Cachaça isn’t available substitute a white rum – most people can’t tell the difference once mixed…
This marks the start of 100 days of original content created to expose you to new cultures, new adventures and a more interesting life. I hope this article inspires you to visit Brazil – a country with incredible colour, energy and adventure. Check back daily for 99 more insights into my life and the lessons, stories and experiences I believe to be most valuable or intriguing.